Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

Why bike therapy?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/6_year_old_stares_down_bottomless

"The concept of wasting a majority of daylight hours sitting still in a classroom when he could be riding his bicycle"

Schools should not have windows, they reveal the life deprived.

psmcd -- yes, a good true story. My wife teaches kindergarten through third grade - kindergarten at this time - those little ones go through some SUPER STRESS !!! That was about the age for Mountainman that he received his first MB - sure helped in my dealings of life.. My first MB therapy session - six or seven years old... Mountainman

It's therapy when you fix or upgrade your ride and make it ride better. I'm so happy today.

I just changed to some better tires, and a new belt.

I also gained more HP by removing the air filter box. The air filter without the cover, is out in the open and gets much more air. If it gets wet and rains, I can put the cover back on for stock HP. I wish I did this a long time ago. It gains much low-end torque for acceleration, and sounds slightly louder, but "sporty" and smoother sounding. Gets to speed quicker! It's free horsepower!!!

I don't have a motoredbike yet myself I am planning a build next summer of a custom cruiser. But riding has always brought me great pleasure. I ride for both reasons. Right now I am a pedal biker first I think I alway will be at heart even with my MB. I find it is truly the only way for me to clear my head sometimes. For me it is never about riding somewhere the journey is the fun part. Like my name says I'm just a bikebum I don't even own a car. But biking has always been therapy. Like the saying says Live to Ride Ride to Live.

I don't have a motoredbike yet myself I am planning a build next summer of a custom cruiser. But riding has always brought me great pleasure. I ride for both reasons. Right now I am a pedal biker first I think I alway will be at heart even with my MB. I find it is truly the only way for me to clear my head sometimes. For me it is never about riding somewhere the journey is the fun part. Like my name says I'm just a bikebum I don't even own a car. But biking has always been therapy. Like the saying says Live to Ride Ride to Live.

I know what you mean.

I've been riding motorized a lot lately but I took bike out today with no motor for a ride. LOL, it was great, I forgot how much I enjoyed it, it was so..........quiet.

I know what you mean.

I've been riding motorized a lot lately but I took bike out today with no motor for a ride. LOL, it was great, I forgot how much I enjoyed it, it was so..........quiet.

Good point Happy - I have been in one of those - motor running all the time modes -- I wish to remember - how nice it is - to really hear the birds as I pedal along - without the engine sound.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

pedal pedal

Most my bike time is off road, pedal bike only. I'm lucky. But that wears me out and to mb lets me ride more in the evening. I enjoy hearing the motor idle and clutch freewheel on the downhills. People vaguely hear me coming and I get the "what's that" look.

Walking, biking or even motor biking we still hear more than most travelers. The more we hear the better.

I'm anticipating a social transformation where many more recognize simple transport serves them well and adds new dimension to their lives.

Walking, biking or even motor biking we still hear more than most travelers. The more we hear the better.

QUOTE]

I get frightend when I hear stuff. It's usually 'pings', 'twangs', clanks. etc.
I spend all my time looking back to see what fell off or what I hit!
Still wouldn't trade it tho.
WC

A nice early morning MB ride in the dark
going kind of slow at times
little engine sounds very sweet -- (no stress motor or I)

while quietly cruising around this foreign neighborhood
I am thinking back to my younger days when I had paper routes
I KNOW THAT THOSE THERAPIST HAVE A NAME FOR THAT ---
oh who cares -- look at all of the money that I am saving

careful now - not to drift too far away on this MB ride
yes - while doing that one time - years ago - large dog came out and bit me
no dogs seen --------- nice
lay low on machine (stealth) Mountainman

I am quickly finding that riding my MB gets me away from my everyday stresses.

It is so relaxing to just cruise around and take in the sights!

Back