Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

Glad to -- San Diego County -- Old Highway 80 thru the little town of Alpine -- Blossom Valley Rd. -- over looking El Capitan Lake --- I am heading back there SOON !!! Those lights working on that MB !!! Ride That Thing

vicarapy

I enjoy hearing of your sea coast and mountain rides. They play well in the mind's eye.

Brings back memories of a bicycle ride around Hawaii with a beautiful Canadian I met there. Or this evening's mountain bike pedal up, across and down a hill at Deer Valley. Where from above I looked upon the ritzy developed valley that in 1969 harbored a few abandoned car hulks, was a place to race about on dirt bikes, or go plinking with 22's. Where today played a blue grass band a small crowd enjoyed.

Today I ordered a new wheel, ring, spare belts and sprocket for my mb. Even anticipating improvement and enhanced reliability is therapeutic. It will carry me there and back, in the future, where ever that may be.

Ride safe, and often. It will rub off on others.

vicarapy -- thank you - for sharing - brought back some of the same type of memories to this getting older guy - SWEET... You mentioned Hawaii - wife and I just got back from Kona - I think that Kona would have been the perfect place to have a MB - mine was at home - spent a large part of vacation - thinking about getting home and taking A VERY LONG RIDE - that's what I have been doing since I got back a couple of weeks ago - can't get enough !!! Ride That Thing !!! Mountainman

under the ugly is a 70cc ported/polished, shaved head screamin engine, the only problem with it is starting it.. got to get up lots of speed, cause it slips the clutch, due to very high compression. to get it to turn over.

How much did you take off the head? Any idea what the compression is now?

Therapy. I used to go on long motorcycle rides when I was a teen in the 80's. It helped me clear my mind and adjust to the problems of the day-growing up as a teen.

Skyliner -- yes - riding has been in our blood for a long time. Old grandpa brought me home my first motorbike at the age of six or seven - 7 1/2 hp Powercraft engine - man this little guy was flying - over the handlebars once - out for around five minutes - grandpa was worried - but - glad that I was ok - said that the best thing to do was to - GET BACK ON AND RIDE - did that a lot in those younger years - just me and my motorbike - forgetting all about the rules to be learned ! I think that it helped me much to become an equipment operater for the City later on in life - was back to the same thing that I loved - me and my machine !!! RIDE THAT THING - MOUNTAINMAN

Cronus has 2500 miles easy by now. It has surpassed MOOP 2's engine.
Man. I ride every day.
And it does not bore me.
My bikes are my joy.
Sometimes I feel like I take things for granted.
My bikes make me feel happier than a millionaire.
Happiness is not money.
This is Happiness.

I thought I'd just ride through downtown L.A. yesterday. Turned the engine off and pedaled a little too. Went by the twin towers jail (what a scary building). Then through Little Tokyo, (I didn't know we have a bong district). I'm riding "Red Baron" through skid row and this guy on a bike said, what are YOU doing here?.......! I'm just sight seeing man.......Just a tourist!

faint

Yesterday it was so hot I might have fainted. Working in the yard, sweating buckets. Went on the bike a couple times just to cop a breeze.

As kids we had forts and places, hike through the fields, bike if we could get em there. Never had water, no sense, and coming home like to died of thirst. Stopped at water tanks, reservoirs, looking in, dead rats floating. Walk on home, dry. Always wanted a motor. Get there and home easier. Go farther.

Went for a rest ride last night. Three boys looking. Longing, thirsting. Wanting that little motor. On their bikes. Like I now have on mine. I have regressed. I'm home. I have all I ever wanted.

Last edited:
psmcd -- yes - the looks on those little boys faces when we ride by.. Lit up with those big smiles - just wishing - that they could take a LONG MOTORED RIDE.. I guess no matter what our age - we never lose that desire - still when I hear the sound of a Harley go by and it catches my eye - first thoughts are - I WANT TO GET ANOTHER ONE - put the wife on the back and take off - to where - who cares - that motor will get me to where I EXACTLY NEED TO BE !!! These same WANT'S are fulfilled with my little Subaru engine - I guess the point is - riding a 33cc or a 1250cc brings the same trill to one's minds eye... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Back