so how many of your 2 strokers are pushin 40?

average speed on my bike 43cc staton chain drive is 30 miles an hr,depending upon my gear box outer sprocket,ive seen 46 miles an hr but lacks take off speed so 30 miles an hr it is.:cool:

Interesting. I'm looking at using the Staton kit and gearing it tall (for more top end). I DO plan on pedaling it up to 10mph or so which means the acceleration wouldn't be an issue for me. What sprocket combinations have your used? I'll be using a 26" wheel.

Thanks in advance,

Warner

china crapper 80cc here haven't clocked it yet but I've passed people ona 45mph road plenty so far.
I am running it wide open, full tuck, crazy tall gearing (20" wheel 120psi 18t sprocket) and I have to pedal my arse off till the motor can start pulling too.
BUT I should note I am a former bike racer so I can spin a 300 rpm sprint to the top of a hill to help the motor make it and get the bike up to speed in the first place. W/ out such a massive cadance and me for the grunt work my bike wouldn't move. I have to hit 20 mph just to ease out the clutch and that is w/ a rather tall 54t x14t pedal drive ratio

Hey Pete, that's only on the nice long perfectly smooth flat. other than that,i probably buzz in the low-20's.

I can't wait to finish my 26" bikes, so i can ROLL faster at the same rpm.

and I AM crazy, compared to my baby boomer counterparts. my friends don't surf with me, because they're afraid of the sharks.:eek:

Myron

I'll both ride AND surf with you, friend. About two years ago, I was surfing on a surprise 5-6 nice North Swell (I'm in Florida, so I'm talking about shoulder-slightly overhead - fun stuff). I'm surfing with 3 young ladies...high school/college age, and they're talking about the old guy that's ripping....I look and look and look and then realize it's only the 4 of us out there! DOH! I still FEEL their age!

Happy Times!
Mark

My speed is largely affected by weather conditions. I've gotten the bike to surpass 50mph (with the wind behind my back and going down hill lol.) I average around 40mph+ on level roads. I actually recived a speeding ticket the other night for going 44 in a 35. Attatched is a scan of the ticket if you need proof :)

That's crazy! Wow, very fast.

Without a license on hand, can they really enforce the ticket with little information?

I laughed when I noticed the vehicle type had an OTHER space, where he had to write in motor bike! LOL

Fastest I've taken my HT 70cc is about 31mph. Using a 40t, but it bogs at full open throttle...which is something I wanted to fix, but haven't because I don't need to go faster. I usually cruise between 20-25 - motor's really happy and good gas mpg there.

I love the speed, myself, but for various reasons the trike I'm working on is aiming at a maximum speed of 28-30 mph. My son taught me a valuable lesson a few years ago about bicycles and speed - very near the bottom of a 2 mile 16% downgrade on a 12 speed mountain bike, cranking full out in his highest gear, a deer popped into the road, 20 feet in front of him. He was on his way to work.

He's 6' 3", weighed about 250 then. Killed the deer, utterly demolished the bike, and tore himself up pretty good - worst of it was what the spike antler on the deers head did to his right knee. Fortunately, he was wearing a good helmet, and had fairly heavy clothes on (Sept in Oregon can be pretty cool, at 3am).

The bike might hit the speed, and be quite safe and secure at it - but only the good Lord knows what is gonna pop up in your path. Human reaction times and human bodies aren't built for such impacts. Had he not been as big a guy as he is, with bones about half again as thick as most folks, he'd likely have been hurt much, much worse.

Just say NO to breaking the law. It's not worth it - unless you know you're gonna get away. J/k... Really, DON'T do it, tho. It's never worth the time, trouble, or money.

iv been hiting 47 on a 40t procket setup but my kit is a 1st gen special edition kit 2nd gen is way faster then that

Not 47 MPH - No freakin way. The motor would explode with a 40t.
I have a 40t on mine, and I've gotten it up to 31mph, and that in my opinion is at about redline. I don't care how "modified" your motor is, they don't handle that kind of RPM.

I think you need to recalibrate your speedo, man.

That's crazy! Wow, very fast.

Without a license on hand, can they really enforce the ticket with little information?

I laughed when I noticed the vehicle type had an OTHER space, where he had to write in motor bike! LOL

I've talked with a lawyer and with the courts and they said "you can get a speeding ticket on a skate board if you can manage to get it that fast."

Technically "motor bike" is the wrong deffinition. Legally it is still considered a "Bicycle" and I have a copy of the law to prove it.

I'm still working with the courts to see if this ticket will go on my driving record since I'm an HTO and do not currently have a liscence. I'll gladly pay for the ticket, I'm **** proud of it! But if it hinders me getting my liscence back I'll fight it to the death. The reason I got into motorized bicycles is becuase it's good transportation that doesn't require a liscence. I'll keep everyone up to date about it cause I'm sure there are many people out there very curios.

Back