Well... That Sounded Bad

I dont own a phantom yet, but in the 2nd & 4th pics are them the transfer ports. What's the smaller port below the big port, or if it's part of the transfer port. What is the reasoning for the pair of ports on both sides. Thanks.
The port on the bottom is actually the upper transfe port. The big one above it is the lower. The cylinder is upside down in the picture. The MS460 saw (and most others) operates via piston ports to the lower transfers. Each side of the piston has 2 windows that aim at the lower when at bdc to help with airflow into the case.

The port on the bottom is actually the upper transfe port. The big one above it is the lower. The cylinder is upside down in the picture. The MS460 saw (and most others) operates via piston ports to the lower transfers. Each side of the piston has 2 windows that aim at the lower when at bdc to help with airflow into the case.
Thanks i appreciate the info. Lmao too cheap to buy a phantom🤣😂🤣. I wish they would offer a engine only option. Then maybe I would bite. Would rather build from scratch/build my own. Lol or at least attempt once.

Thanks i appreciate the info. Lmao too cheap to buy a phantom🤣😂🤣. I wish they would offer a engine only option. Then maybe I would bite. Would rather build from scratch/build my own. Lol or at least attempt once.
Engine only would probably only shave 50 bucks off the price anyway. Never hurts to have spare parts

She DID ask if there was anything else missing or wrong
There is one thing to also ask for...Is there a new needle bearing with that jug and piston kit???...If not, it really should be included rather than using the older, already used needle bearing on what your already replacing...Needle bearings really need to be included with these jug and piston, wristpin replacements but many times are not unless you ask for them...I had to ask when mine was replaced under warranty as motor only as it was not included, I also had to ask for gaskets.

The needle bearing was obviously added after the fact. All other parts came 'inside the piston" which was inside the jug backwards... the needle bearing was loose in the box.

Yes... it came with a new needle bearing...
Maybe they listened to me then, as I told them when I got my warranty motor that the bearing should always be included, I waited several more days to put my warranty motor together because at that time they were not sending the needle bearings automatically when replacing these motors and had to wait the extra time to get mine.

I dont own a phantom yet, but in the 2nd & 4th pics are them the transfer ports. What's the smaller port below the big port, or if it's part of the transfer port. What is the reasoning for the pair of ports on both sides. Thanks.
That jug is pretty much a duplicate of a saw jug, which was meant for a piston port. That's why the ports are shaped that way. That intake is narrow, could probably use widening by 2mm each side.

I would like to see a pic with 2 toothpicks in the top of the transfers to see which way the flow is going. From the pic it looks like it is going toward the intake on the intake side but can't really tell on the exhaust side though.

Back