The Whizzer "Ambassador" is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1200 mile Ambassador update.
Starts easy, runs smooth, everything still working well. The motor peaks at 6800 RPms, with a top speed of 46 MPH. I changed the clutch ratio to 9.03 X 1 from 11.43 X 1 to make it more of a "cruiser" because most of the roads I ride are long straight paths. It is possible to almost reach 50 MPH with the taller gearing, but I think I will try a 10 X 1 ratio clutch when I find the extra time. The brakes are beyond words, just no real way to explain what it is like to stop so quickly. The seat now fits better than ever, it is without a doubt, the best riding Whizzer ever. Everyone that test rode the bike at the KY show really liked it and a few rode it several times. I will admit I have grown fond of the electric starter.

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks
Quenton

Awesome! Glad to hear it's doing well and that yer enjoying the heck out of it! I must admit to having not ridden my Whizz much lately- The 83 Nighthawk 550 has just returned me from a 700 + mile (round trip) camping trip/ride and I'll tell ya' she's great, but I don't get the same 'Smile Mileage' from it as I do the motored bikes/whizzers.

My Girlfriend and I will be getting our Ambassador in a week or two from bill green.Can't wait to have the option to ride our New NE5 or the Ambassador.

Hi Quenton, I wanted to say I have also attended the Portland Ind. show for the past 10 years and plan to be there next month for sure. My question is about my 2000 Whiz. I got it new and removed the restrictor before I started it the first time. I also still have the long head bolts. The bike has only 800 mi. on speedo. I have recently installed an automatic (Whizzer)clutch. The bike runs great however I am worried about the valve problem . I very seldom ride over 30mph because the braking is so "iffie". Since I've made it so far do you think it would pay me to "upgrade" the motor? I already have more in the bike than I can sell it for. I also have a 1982 50cc Honda MB5 and a 1972 CB175 Honda Super Sport. The Whizzer and the Honda's are "Showroom" I spend more time polishing them than I do riding. I'm in my 70's and still love riding these bikes.

Don B./dayton,oh.

Hi Don,
I am from Dayton, grew up in the east end, and attended Stivers High school.
I was planning on attending Portland this year, but wasn't able to obtain the parts I wanted to sell at the event, so it looks like I will not be attending Portland this year.
There are several important things to consider with the 2000 model Whizzer, first it is a rare model [only 288 made], the only other model more rare is the current Ambassador [I was told less than 100 were sold]. Since your version is a very limited production unit, I think it would be wise to upgrade it with the NE cylinder kit [I have them in stock at the moment]
If you want a NE cylinder kit, I suggest you contact your nearest dealer. If your local dealer is out of stock feel free to contact me. Let me know if I can help.

Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Hi Quenton,
Thanks a lot for your "info" about my "valve problem". Also "it's a small world" my wife and I grew up in "east dayton" she went to Stiver's H.S and I went to Wilbur Wright H.S. We now live south of town near Centerville. My 2000 Whiz. is really a "Cyclone Cruzzer" it came to me in a cardboard box. A friend from Cincinnati ordered 5 bikes on a pallet from Florida. He got one and I and 3 others got the others. The Cyclone Dealer is now Out of business. I don't know of any Whizzer dealer in Dayton. I only know 3 other guy's who have Whizzer's. There is a Gem City Roller's Scooter club here. That's why I got the Honda's , the Whiz. won't keep up with 150cc Scoots. Is there any "fix' other than the "kit". Your right the Auto-clutch does rev more. I guess I could go back to the slip clutch. I hate to though it really works good also I have $185 invested in the clutch. Could you give me a "ballpark " cost on the "kit"?

Thanks again for your help,
Don B. Dayton.Oh.

Hi Don, My parents & brothers moved to Livingston Ave [after I left for college], and I think Livingston ends at Huffman Ave. very near Wilber Wright H.S. BTW my real estate office is only blocks from where Orville & Wilber Wright flew the first plane in North Carolina.
There are upgrades other than the NE cylinder upgrade kit. Please email me directly at quincy163@yahoo.com, call me on my cell phone 252-475-0406 or PM for more details.

Whizzer OuterBanks LTD.
A North Carolina Corporation
Quenton "Lee" Guenther

This for EGor about Ambassador rear end

The way it looks to me sort of like a soft tail. Springs on seat are stiff though. I did notice the guy I rode with who was on a NE5 stood up when going over bumps where it wasn't necessary for me. I just know how long it will take the clutch to wear in can go only half way up my driveway, which is rather steep. Mine only has 11 miles so far. If you happen to hear about clutch wear in time I would like to know. Let me know if anyone see's this I'm not sure if I am doing it right. Dane (N8YGN)

Attachments

• rear-end-floats-(softtail).jpg
    rear-end-floats-(softtail).jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 477
since it has no pedals it's up against some STRONG COMPETITION

there are many, many nice small motor cycles out there available today

here in Calif if over 2hp without pedals -- it's a motor driven cycle

no matter what it's fun when we RIDE THAT THING

Title problems

I bought it new and the guy I bought it from gave me the wrong title. I called him and have to go down today to rectify the problem. There is a price reduction on the ambassador I pretty much got at cost, and the guy can't get his refund from the manufacture until he sends in a copy of the title with the right serial number. I paid 1,499 + tax I saw them last year at Harpersferry Wv historic park I suppose you know about John Brown and all if not let me know. I only live about 6 miles from there. Dane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back