Well... That Sounded Bad

Another option is just have someone else do it for you.
I only go this route if it's a last option. I much prefer to do things myself. I sort of subscribe to the "if it rocks I get the credit, if it sucks I take the blame" rule of thumb when it comes to things I ride/drive/rely on in some fashion.

:D

So I finally had enough "oomph" in me to get out to the garage to pull the cover off to check to see how balanced the crank appears... (not only am I still dealing with the dizzy issue (since November... I get an MRI next week)... but after 3 years I finally managed to catch the Covid... >yay<...

I am happy to report it has about 10-20% of the movement of the first bottom end. It's not perfect... but SOOOOOO much better.

QUESTION: There is a "blue" grease they use (just a dab) for the clutch/crank gear. I want to add more, but I only have the red stuff. Are these two types of grease compatible? Can I just add a little more red stuff or should I take the time to remove the gears and clean up as much of the blue stuff as possible before using the red?

FWIW I'm leaning toward just adding another dab of red and calling it a day... but what do I know?

QUESTION: There is a "blue" grease they use (just a dab) for the clutch/crank gear. I want to add more, but I only have the red stuff. Are these two types of grease compatible? Can I just add a little more red stuff or should I take the time to remove the gears and clean up as much of the blue stuff as possible before using the red?

FWIW I'm leaning toward just adding another dab of red and calling it a day... but what do I know?
Red and Tacky is the best. If it isn't dried out, don't do anything with it. You can add a little, but you don't want to get any on clutch pads.

The greases are compatible. It's just a lithium based grease same as what you have. I still wiped the blue stuff on mine because I don't like blobs of grease, and then put a thin coat of my own grease all around the teeth with a brush.

The real question is, who talks to the motor while they do it?
I do...You should just hear all the lovely, flowery, flattering, sweet talk terminology I use that I picked up from my years as a cop when things don't go exactly my way when working on one of these little beasties...I have such an over abundance of patience...lol.

YES, That was definitely sarcasm that you just detected there...lol.

Back