Engine Trouble Bike won't run...

If you can't get enough adjustment out of the elbow and the top of the carb you may need to back the elbow out a turn or two at the throttle housing.

I don't have a problem with them. They are basically the same in function as the NT with a slightly larger barrel. Your prob. isn't with the carb it's the cabling.

the older speed carbs have smaller venturi than most carbs and restrict the available air flow - they were used on the original 49cc motors

also, modern throttle cables are a bit long to fit them well

I had the same problem... i narrowed it down to the cable being the culprit, rather than Dr' ing the cable myself I decided to just get a regular NT Carb, The faulty kit used that same "Speed Carb".

Around $10 for both throttle cable and NT Carb. EBAY.

If you're done adjusting the throttle cable, and also have made sure your carb isn't too tight (that causes problems aswell) replacing is an option.

Yeah ive sorted everything out. Got a lever and now it runs fine. I think the throttle plunger wasnt right on poibt either. Regardless, she runs great now. Thanks for the advice. Ill definetly by looking into getting a better, or at least decent carburetor.

So I started up the bike. Gave it speed, let go of the clutch, hit the throttle. Then the throttle became very limp. Then it wouldn't run when I started it and then it died. And on top of that now the throttle is limp and won't do anything. Anybody know what to do?
I had mysterious phantom trouble s**t with an engine only thing you can do is junk it buy another one it aint worth the agony and time lost cost maybe $100 - $150 shop around only buy those who brag that their motor is better, sounds like you are having a hell of time maybe buy a whole new kit from USA dealer so you can talk to them and send it back if its def***tive.

I had mysterious phantom trouble sh*t with an engine only thing you can do is junk it buy another one it aint worth the agony and time lost cost maybe $100 - $150 shop around only buy those who brag that their motor is better, sounds like you are having a hell of time maybe buy a whole new kit from USA dealer so you can talk to them and send it back if its def***tive.
Thanks but I just needed to fix my throttle

Back