Moped tires

You’re still stuck on the 10t when I said a 22t chain drive to a 22t chain driven on a 20” wheel is a 4:1 gear reduction. Yes if I were going to run a 10t chain drive gear, I would need a jack shaft. But you didn’t listen and stayed stuck on the 10t. Why, idk. But you getting stuck on details and ignoring new information is very annoying and frustrating. I’m gonna stick with what the gear ratio calculators told me. I even screenshotted the information I put into them and you ignored that. I’m done taking advice from someone who doesn’t listen.

I ignored what you had and suggested because I knew that wouldn't work; 22\22 on a 20" wheel isn't a 4\1 gear reduction. Lol 😂 That's a 1\1 gear ratio driving a 20" wheel. Gear reduction has to do with engine rpm input to rear wheel rpm output. It's you who aren't understanding how gears and ratios work. A 22\22 coming off a 3\1 to 1\1 CVT means the CVT even with weaker springs probably still won't come out of the 3\1. The bike probably isn't even going to move at all with only a 3\1 reduction.

I have a triple chainring shifter bike driving a 7 speed 34-13 freewheel. I also devised a color coded left side shifting system. This way I have 3 color zones with 3 ratios in each zone. My shifting system eliminates cross-chaining. Of the regular contributors here we all have areas we specialize in; mine happens to be ratios, reductions, and speed calculations.

1000003182.jpg
1000003172.jpg
20221126_004120.jpg

1698422190088.png

I ignored what you had and suggested because I knew that wouldn't work; 22\22 on a 20" wheel isn't a 4\1 gear reduction. Lol 😂 That's a 1\1 gear ratio driving a 20" wheel. Gear reduction has to do with engine rpm input to rear wheel rpm output. It's you who aren't understanding how gears and ratios work. A 22\22 coming off a 3\1 to 1\1 CVT means the CVT even with weaker springs probably still won't come out of the 3\1. The bike probably isn't even going to move at all with only a 3\1 reduction.

I have a triple chainring shifter bike driving a 7 speed 34-13 freewheel. I also devised a color coded left side shifting system. This way I have 3 color zones with 3 ratios in each zone. My shifting system eliminates cross-chaining. Of the regular contributors here we all have areas we specialize in; mine happens to be ratios, reductions, and speed calculations.

View attachment 201926View attachment 201927View attachment 201928
View attachment 201932
So you don’t know that wheel diameter is a part of the equation in calculating gear ratio. Ok.

You’re still stuck on the 10t when I said a 22t chain drive to a 22t chain driven on a 20” wheel is a 4:1 gear reduction. Yes if I were going to run a 10t chain drive gear, I would need a jack shaft. But you didn’t listen and stayed stuck on the 10t. Why, idk. But you getting stuck on details and ignoring new information is very annoying and frustrating. I’m gonna stick with what the gear ratio calculators told me. I even screenshotted the information I put into them and you ignored that. I’m done taking advice from someone who doesn’t listen.
Bruce what does a 22tooth sprocket look like resting in the 30series cvt you are going to use?

What does 22 tooth sprocket look like in relation to them yellow lines I drew on the casting of this 30 series cvt backing plate.

I'm just curious cause I've never seen a 22 tooth sprocket used in this location on a 30 series cvt.

Thanks.
20231027_114358.jpg

Bruce what does a 22tooth sprocket look like resting in the 30series cvt you are going to use?

What does 22 tooth sprocket look like in relation to them yellow lines I drew on the casting of this 30 series cvt backing plate.

I'm just curious cause I've never seen a 22 tooth sprocket used in this location on a 30 series cvt.

Thanks.View attachment 201934
I’m not going to be using the backing plate that came with the 30 series, only the drive and driven pulleys. I’m going to use the backing plate, jack shaft and 22t sprocket from a 79cc transmission. The driven pulley will bolt to the front of the jack shaft and the 22t sprocket will bolt to the rear.

Wheel Diameter is in the equations I presented to you. It's used to calculate inch circumference of the wheel. Do you know what 1056 represents?
Even though I didn’t think you were right, I tried to verify. The owner of the website where I originally got the 4:1 reduction supposedly builds performance China girls and is a member of an MB group on FB. I messaged him but sadly he was unable to confirm as he appears not to know anything about gear ratios or cvts. He probably doesn’t know anything about mechanics outside of building China girls. I’m not gonna name him or his website. I went to two other gear ratio calculators and they both confirmed what you said. So I apologize for getting frustrated. I’m not in the best mood today. But instead of saying I need a jack shaft to run a 10t, why not suggest a different size rear sprocket. It’s a moped wheel. The sprocket can be changed. A 40t rear and a 10t off the cvt would actually give me a 4:1 secondary and a 1:1-3:1 primary which tells me my top speed should be around 55mph. I guess the part about saying I’m going to need a jack shaft got me when there are other ways to achieve the correct gear reduction.

Even though I didn’t think you were right, I tried to verify. The owner of the website where I originally got the 4:1 reduction supposedly builds performance China girls and is a member of an MB group on FB. I messaged him but sadly he was unable to confirm as he appears not to know anything about gear ratios or cvts. He probably doesn’t know anything about mechanics outside of building China girls. I’m not gonna name him or his website. I went to two other gear ratio calculators and they both confirmed what you said. So I apologize for getting frustrated. I’m not in the best mood today. But instead of saying I need a jack shaft to run a 10t, why not suggest a different size rear sprocket. It’s a moped wheel. The sprocket can be changed. A 40t rear and a 10t off the cvt would actually give me a 4:1 secondary and a 1:1-3:1 primary which tells me my top speed should be around 55mph. I guess the part about saying I’m going to need a jack shaft got me when there are other ways to achieve the correct gear reduction.
I was going by what you said the rear wheel you ordered has a 22t sprocket on it. So yes if you can fit a 40t sprocket on the rear wheel, keep the 10t sprocket; if the engine turns 3800 rpm then using 20" tires will produce a speed of 56 mph.

I was going by what you said the rear wheel you ordered has a 22t sprocket on it. So yes if you can fit a 40t sprocket on the rear wheel, keep the 10t sprocket; if the engine turns 3800 rpm then using 20" tires will produce a speed of 56 mph.
They sell quite a few different sizes, the sizes closest to what I want would be 38, 44 and 50. A 50t rear with a 10t front gives me a top speed of 54 according to the most recent calculator I used at a reduction of 4.167:1.

My 2cents. Take one of your rims with tire mounted to a import motorcycle dealer. Find the off brand dirt bikes. Find the nearest sized rim with a mounted tire.

Look at 125cc dirt bikes they will probably have the right sized tire and rim.

You will most likely have to have new spokes and a bicycle hub laced in to the rim. Your weak spot will be the hub. Buy the BEST hub you can afford. And used heavy duty spokes.

Knobby tires wear faster on pavement than the grooved tires. That is my experience based on bicycle tires.

They sell quite a few different sizes, the sizes closest to what I want would be 38, 44 and 50. A 50t rear with a 10t front gives me a top speed of 54 according to the most recent calculator I used at a reduction of 4.167:1.
Let's get a no load full throttle tachometer reading off your engine. Until we know what kind of rpm you're actually working with its all a What If scenario. An 11\44 is also 4\1.

A 10\50 is a 5\1 reduction not 4.167\1.

Back